Sunday, November 16, 2008

Buck Fever!



Yep here it is my big monster buck, well I have decided that I'm not very patience, every year that I've got a buck its always been the first legal buck I see, I don't know if its buck fever or what but this hunt was pretty fun! Thanks to my personal guide he looks pretty hot with his grizzly Adams beard. Usually he is right beside me telling me which buck to shoot at, reminding me to take the safety off, etc... but Jerry and Cort were a few yards above me and Travis, and Clint went down the mountain to brush, and kicked up 3 bucks headed are way, so that's when the adrenalin kicks in, and so of coarse we let Cort have the first shot and after he missed I am watching the deer run up the mountain in my scope and then BOOM! it was over, one shot, that's all it took. Travis was sitting close to me and and he was just laughing he couldn't believe what just happened cause it happened so fast, but the best was Clint gets on the radio and is all yelling its down, its down good shot, who got it. And Travis says uh that was your wife. I know he was thinking oh great now the work begins, Clint is very nice, he doesn't make me gut them, and him and Travis had to drag it out about a mile and a half, so hopefully they won't stop taking me cause we do have a lot of fun, just being together, hiking your butt off, and eating all of the junk food that's in your pack while your sitting on top of amountain with a beautiful view. You got to love hunting season!!!

8 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

That's great story! I'm sure Clint was beaming with pride knowing his wife out shot the boys. You guys look great and that deer isn't too shabby either. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Mike was laughing when he read this. He said "I can't beleive she goes hunting...She is so sweet and nice I just can't see her shooting a deer." I bet Clint loves that you go with him and is so proud of you for getting one. Your awesome!

Soccer Mom said...

That is totally awesome! I didn't realize you hunted!!! GREAT looking buck!

Michelle said...

Good for you! I always loved hunting season. BTW - we're going private so I need your email. :-)

Anonymous said...

Beth---You are a little moutain woman---I didn't know that about you---Cool..I don't think I could do that..the smell would get to me *wink* Did you put the deer urine on you too---hee hee!!!

Matt and Penny said...

It's about time you posted that picture. Looks like it was fun. Maybe I'll make Matt happy and go back out next year. We went private so send me your address Clint has Matt's email.

The Thompson's said...

Beth you are such a great woman. Congrats on getting your deer!

Susannah said...

Wow, look at you girl! That is awesome and very impresive. I have never been hunting in my life, but you may have inspired me. No, not really, but I still think it is awesome!