Monday, January 12, 2009

Missing Elder Hess

One of our biggest highlights on Christmas was talking to Jake, he got to call home at 5:00, and we were all way excited! He sounded sooo good, and it was soooo good to hear his voice. We all went down to Hess Pumice to use the conference call thingy, so there was Jake on the phone in Peru, Marvin and Sandra in New York, Mike,Cecilia and Tatum in Arizona, and Hailee and Travis in St. Anthony. Wow isn't technology great. It was so fun to listen , everybody we were missing on Christmas we got to hear from. Bridge and Bryn were really quite and shy at first, I was really surprised they were so excited but after a while they started talking when Jake would ask them question and talk to them. And then when we started to wind things up they wanted to sing called to serve for him and then Brynlee had to sing Joy to the World(her new favorite song)so it was great. Jake is an amazing missionary, he would never say that, but by reading his letters and emails you can just feel his spirit and his love for the Lord and for the people of Peru, I can't imagine being away from home at Christmas or even for 2 years but he is always saying well I miss you guys(which he just means the kids)but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything, and I can't believe how fast its going. And I'm thinking fast yeah right. But he has strenghtend my testimony so much by his example and his testimony that he shares with us every Monday when we get his email, I look forward to reading them and feeling his love for this wonderful gospel, and how grateful he is to be sharing it, and man his Spanish is awesome!

So just in thinking about Jake I had to post this video! Bridger still watches it quite often and says I sure wish Jake would come home soon!

We love you Elder Hess

3 comments:

LD said...

Beth! It was so good to see you during Christmas. Your kids are darling!

It is sad and good at the same time to have a missionary out. I'm sure Jake is doing an amazing job.

Hailee said...

O man i miss jake too. And just home!! I am glad i don't have to be gone for two years, because a month kills me. Tell the kids hi and hopefully we will see ya this weekend!

Susannah said...

Too cute!!! I'll bet he is such a good missionary! By the way, we could use some more pics on this thing please!!!